Chimney Repairs & Restoration
When you need a fully restored chimney from top to bottom, contact the team at A Cleaner Chimney. It’s possible, and necessary, to have your chimney repaired from the firebox to the top of the chimney stack. Our team has the experience and knowledge to be able to repair every part of your chimney, from the crown and mortar to the damper.
Our chimney restoration services include leaky chimney repair, chimney relining, masonry repair, damper repair & replacement, chimney rebuilds, smoke chamber parging, and crown repair. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our other chimney services!
The Importance of Chimney Maintenance
Being a homeowner requires keeping up with the maintenance requirements of several areas of your household, and the chimney is no different. A chimney will wear down and deteriorate over time like everything tends to do, but when it reaches a point that warrants repair work, it can be unsafe to use. For example, creosote will build up over time and pose a risk of fire, and not the warm inviting kind that we hope for from our chimneys and fireplaces.
Faulty chimneys can also trap smoke which will release toxins into your home. Other concerns include the dangers of broken chimney caps and weak fires that produce more smoke than heat due to limited air circulation. If you have a functioning fireplace and chimney in your home, it is important that you have it cleaned and inspected on a regular basis for your safety. If you are looking to have a new chimney installed, we can assist with that as well.
Common Chimney Problems
To avoid potential issues that can be inconvenient, costly, and hazardous, you will want to have regular preventive maintenance performed on your chimney, particularly if you notice any of the following warning signs.
- Shaling: When pieces of the interior chimney begin to flake off. These flakes can make their way down to your fireplace eventually, so call a chimney repair company if you spot any.
- Cracking Chimney Crown: Cracks can let moisture into your chimney and cause structural damage. Finally, if you notice rust in the damper or firebox, it’s time to call a professional.
- Leaky Flashing: Due to poor installation, rusting around nails, or wear and tear, water makes its way through the flashing to the unprotected part of the roof. Flashing problems that go undetected often lead to extensive damage to the attic ceiling and sometimes structural damage to the roof.
- Creosote: Regardless if you are burning wood, pellets, or gas, smoke goes up the chimney, and creosote will build up over time. There are different types of creosote, but all can cause a dangerous chimney fire if not addressed properly. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends that a chimney inspection should occur at least once a year to help prevent chimney fires.
- Damaged Mortar: Whether your chimney is brick or stone, mortar keeps it all together and keeps moisture out. If the mortar is damaged, the tuckpointing procedure is often used to repair the chimney. The damaged mortar is removed and replaced with new mortar.
- Bad Chimney Caps: Chimney caps protect the top (the crown) of a chimney from moisture, animals, and other debris. They are the first line of defense against outdoor elements. If your chimney cap is damaged, moisture could enter your chimney and wreak all kinds of havoc causing your chimney to be unsafe for use.
- Blockages: Besides creosote, there are many forms of blockages that can occur in your chimney. Blockages can be caused by a bird’s nest, leaves, and other debris, or even masonry if a neglected chimney has deteriorated. Your chimney can’t operate properly if there is an obstruction, which means that deadly carbon monoxide fumes can enter the home.
Schedule an Appointment Today
A Cleaner Chimney can handle any sort of chimney repairs for clients throughout Burlington, NC; Greensboro, NC; High Point, NC; Kernersville, NC; and Winston-Salem, NC. We’ll make sure your chimney and your home are protected from any potential chimney issues and we guarantee excellent work and service each time. We understand that you have choices when it comes to chimney companies, so we do our best to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied. Complete the contact form on this page or contact us by phone or email today!